Tuesday, September 18, 2007

September 18th - Day 1

My first evening in Moscow was a blur. Truthfully, aside from the minor visa snafu, the entire travel process went rather seamlessly. While it was long it wasn’t too painful, even when our bus from the airport temporarily broke down on the freeway. Actually, I arrived in Moscow more rested than I had been in weeks (thanks Erin!). The group from Northern all seem nice however I was still relieved to find out that I would not have to share a room since the travel time with them was enough to remind me that my college days have long since past and I am way too old (or at least too tired) to keep up with the type of trip they have planed. I am looking forward to a lot of really hard work and I think the quiet will be exactly what I need. Moscow is magnificent and the people, at least all those I met in the first few hours seem to defy all expectations. They representatives from the school were so excited to meet us and have all been incredibly sweet. Our guides are called ‘angels.’ I am not sure where the expression comes from but they have set our trip off on a lovely note and I hope it is only the beginning of great things to come.