Sunday, September 23, 2007

September 23 - Day 6


Today we all got up bright and early to take a bus tour of Moscow. I think I was the only one on the bus without a hang over, which I have to admit, was pretty amusing. We saw some amazing sites but I think the place I loved the most was the Cathedral of Christ Our Savior. It was built in 1997 as a recreation of the Cathedral destroyed in the Revolution and it reminded me of home. I was able to stand there surrounded by hundreds of tourists and feel completely alone. I said a prayer, which I realized I haven’t done since I have been here, which I surprised me when I thought about it considering how spiritual this experience has been. (I know I sound completely gushy and I suppose it might be hard to understand from the outside. People who have taken this trip have always told me how life changing it is and I never got it. It is really hard to explain but I feel more like me than I have in a very long time and it is just kind of trippy. Your life isn’t supposed to change overnight but it is kind of what this feels like.) Anyway I lit a candle for someone I haven’t thought about in a while and left with that warm fuzzy feeling I only get after my mom’s homemade cocoa.