Tuesday, November 27, 2007

November 27 – Day 71

If I was to be completely honest with myself I would have to say that the ultimate reason I keep acting is that at the end of the day I am still a six year old kid who just wants to play pretend. When I was little I couldn’t think of anything more fun to do and as an adult I still find it hard to beat. The problem these days the opportunities to just play are a little harder to come by. But today, (insert sigh here!) oh today, I just got to play! We were working our scene for the class and I have to say it was the most fun I have ever had on stage – EVER EVER EVER. I have had different amazing moments in art – moments I would say were the best this or that but today for nearly an hour I stopped being twenty-five with responsibilities and decisions to make. I stopped thinking and working so damn hard. I was just a kid playing dress up with her buddy. Okay, so maybe I spent half that time making out with my pal on stage but hey, who’s to say the adult version of pretend doesn’t have some perks.